Insomnia, insomnia… For the first time in my life I experienced it last night. Why is this happening now? Am I anxious because tomorrow is my 50th birthday? Nope. Actually, I feel great about it. Hey, it’s a few more hashtag I can use such as #stylishover50 #fiftyandfabulous #over50style, etc. So, after turning and turning in my bed for about two hours, I decided to get up and catch up on my blog’s reading (Yep, I mean read your posts my dear bloggers). This is when I found out that I had been nominated by Shyamal from The Crack Indian for an award in WordPress: The Sunshine Blogger Award. That made me very happy of course, but I knew for sure then I would’t get any sleep that night. I was floating.
Imagine my joy. It is my second good news this week. A few days ago I received a scientific journalist prize from the CCAE (Canadian Council for Advancement of Education) for an article I wrote about a study done at the Université de Montréal. I feel so lucky right now. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket! Seriously though, the nomination for my blog touches me even more because I have only been blogging for a year; I’m a newbie. Plus, my blog is in a completely different field from my 9 to 5 job (I should say 9 to 8 to be more precise). I mean how far appart are science and fashion? Exactly! The Sunshine Blogger Award means a lot to me. It tells me that I’m on the right path and that I should pursue my passion and goals. I really want to thank Shyamal for giving me this tap on the shoulder. Your nomination is one big sunshine to my blogger’s life.
Without further more bla bla about me, myself and I, let me present to you this very interesting blogger who was recently nominated for 3 different awards. That should give you a hint on how good he is. Of Indian origine, Shyamal, a.k.a. The Crack Indian and also called Sam, is like an Indiana Jones of modern times. He searches through the Web for the Graal, I mean unique information from creative bloggers and then he presents it to us with his presence of mind, including all the proper links and sources. Curious by nature, this cappuccino lover who “enjoys good writing and good company” takes us on an adventure through a variety of subjects, such as technology, Buddha, women empowerment, environment, Kama Sutra and art. This uniqueness of content mix with his sens of humour helps us better understand India’s culture. BTW, this social media addict sleeps apparently like a baby. “Fourteen hours a day!” He says. ????? Maybe that’s his secret for success. Let’s hope I won’t have insomnia again tonight…
1. Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
The answers to Shyamal’s questions:
- Your most important day in life? That would be the birth of my son, who is now 13 years old.
- Most important thing in your life? Respect
- One thing you want to do before you Die? Learn a third langage, probably Spanish or Italian because of the similarity with French, my first langage.
- What made you Start blogging? I had this dream to gather my three passions in life: science, writing and fashion. Scientific journalist for 18 years with a strong interest for the environment, I tend to question myself about everything and to seek information to better understand the world around me. The fashion industry and beauty is no exception. Hence my blog! In it, I share my vision of fashion through ensemble ideas, articles and cool tips to elevate women chic and eco-friendly consumption.
- Your favorite dish? It’s African: olive chicken served with plantain.
- What is your biggest weakness? I’m not a very patient person.
- Things you cannot stay without? Diet coke and sneakers!
- Most beautiful memory of your life? I have a few, but the first time my husband and I went scouba diving in Mexico with the kids (my son and my step daughter) is one of them. There is an exhilarating sense of being alive when your in the deep sea and surrounded by so much beauty… All this combined with the stress (even if the kids had completed their training they were still young) was a bit overwhelming.
- Do you take being extra emotional as a positive point or a negative point? For me, it is neither positive or negative, just opposite of those who do not show their emotions at all. Both sides can be distracting or annoying… Sometimes.
- Life according to you in 3 words? Love, respect, introspection and sex (oups! that’s four).
- Tell me a thing about you which no one knows? I have never done a selfie in my life. (True!)
Here are my 11 nominees for the Sunshine blogger’s award:
- My OBT
- L’écriturien (French blog)
- Era Vintage Wear
- Go East, old man! (Despite the name, It is a French blog)
- Anja Ge
- Lola Summer
- Black Perfectionist
- The Spike
- The Chatter Blog
- Ainsley Louise
My 11 questions for the nominees:
- Have you ever played Rubik’s cube?
- Who is your favorite James Bond actor?
- Name one goal you want to accomplish this year
- What made you Start blogging?
- Your favorite book and film?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Name two things you cannot stay without
- Most beautiful song?
- Name a quote or a motto you like
- If you could have a super power which one would you choose?
- Tell me something about you which no one knows
Have a great day everyone and keep spreading sunshine to others!