You have nominated me over the past months for many wonderful Blog Awards! So many I hardly can keep up with them. Thank you for your patience. Today, I will display 5 of the blogger awards I have received (4 Sunshine Blogger Awards and 1 Awesome Blogger Award). I have about 10 more to do. So, stay tuned, because your feed will be flooded with lots of awards, fun questions & answers and nominations in the next few weeks.
Thank you Shalini of Shalini’s Books & Reviews, Rory of A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip!, Cathi of Over the hill on the yellow brick road, Kristian of Tales from the mind of Kristian and Darren of The Arty Plantsman for nominating me. I also want to say a special thank you to Britchy of Bitchin’ in the Kitchen, Sarah of Secret Art Expedition, Dee-Dee of Invisible no more, Linda of Maine Paperpusher, Lisa of Lismore Paper and KK of Finding French Charming for your friendship and your unconditional support. You all Rock! If you don’t know yet either of these bloggers, go visit their blogs ASAP. The 11 of them are smart, creative, kind and passionate people with a great sense of humour. Trust me, you will be making yourself a big favor. OK, they are silly sometimes, but who wants to be normal and Blah?
Note: The logos and rules for these two awards are at the end of this post.
Without any further ado…
I wish for this beautiful anesthetist to find her soul mate. With her wit she surely won’t put him to sleep!
1. What is the most frequently used word in your conversation? It can be a swear word.
Apart from “The”, I’ll say Amazing! But “Love”, “you”, “hope”, “we”, “all”, “develop”, “create”, “share”, “well”, “each”, “said” and “fact” would also make my list of most frequently spoken words in English.
2. What do you do in real life? And do you love what you do?
I’m a French scientific journalist. I love it but lately I found myself in need of a new challenge… Hence my blog and the creative projects I do with my WP friends, Lisa and Darren.
3. What is your favorite song and why is it your favorite ?
Anything from Leonard Cohen… I find his music, lyrics and voice to be truly inspiring. This Montreal native singer, songwriter, poet and novelist was a genius. Need I say more?
4. What is your favorite destination for a holiday and why?
Mexico! I love diving with the kids.
5. Which do you prefer the real world or the blogging world and why?
Let’s have a mix of both! Why? I like things to be well balanced.
6. If you can change one event from your past, what would it be? You don’t have to reveal your dark secret, it can be a funny or embarrassing moment too.
I had both good events and truly sad ones in my life. I wouldn’t change any of them, because they all have made me who I am today. If I am to take out any of these events I might change the course of my journey and I then wouldn’t be here right now as I am. Not to blow my horn but that would be a sad story. If you are interested to know some of my funny embarrassing moments, you can read this post 3 funny embarrassing situations.
7. Do you remember one moment of your life where life changed dramatically for you, what was it? Again this is not a trigger question, but a memory of happiness.
The birth of my son.
8. Which part of the world do you stay and what do you like and dislike about that place? 1 each will do.
Photography: Down Town Views – @mtlshot / Montreal from shores – @he.photo
I’m from Montreal, Quebec (Canada). Friendly people, nice quality of life, beautiful parks and architectures, multicultural, secure feeling and… The cold that lasts a little bit too long for my taste. Arggg.
9. So you believe in astrology? Nope
10. Do you read the forecast? Nope
11. If you do, has that forecast ever come true? I dunno!
12. What is your favorite drink? One alcoholic, one non.
No alcohol for me! I love tea and diet coke.
13. What is your favorite color and why?
Shades of green and blue. These are the color of my eyes. Plus, my mirror also tells me these colors work for me.
14. Do you believe in love at first sight or attraction at first sight?
Not love, but attraction!
He wears many hats and he’s a blogger fantastic!
15. What’s the most fun you have ever had without being under the influence of something or someone?
Photography of 3C Style – Artwork by Angie Ordonez – thexoStudio
16. What’s the most fun you have ever had without the obvious, naked?
Getting naked, obviously!
17. What’s the most fun you have ever had whilst under the influence of something or someone?
These blogposts from three of my WP friends who recently visited me in Montreal will show you some of those fun moments. Yes, I was under their influence. Behind the scenes with 3C Style – “Maybe We Could Meet At The Beach” – Meeting my Blog Buddies in Montreal! Part Un! – Meeting my Blog Buddies in Montreal! Part deux!
18. What’s the stupidest question l have ever asked of you?
19. What’s the question you want to answer but no one yet, even me has not yet asked you?
If you could be any animal what would you be and why? Can you guess which one?
20. What’s your suggestion for the Christmas Challenge?
Crash at least three highly formal office parties.
21. What is the craziest blog you have ever read, and l don’t mean mine?
Most of my WP friend blogs are a little bit crazy and that’s how I like it. The crazier, the merrier!
22. What is the theory of what is?
The intellectual giant Popeye the Sailor Man said it best: “I am what I am, and that’s all that I am
23. What is the colour red when mixed with Tripping the Light Fantastic?
Most people actually don’t know that there is no such thing as colour. I’m actually offended that you didn’t ask whether I was colorblind first. 💕
24. What is the answer to the Dodo, like seriously why?
“Going the way of the dodo bird” is an expression that means to go extinct. This means that the answer to the dodo bird is simply to live. As Shakespeare said, “To live, perchance to dream!” Hamlet’s famous soliloquy of suicide. Suicide means go extinct. Hmm.
25. And finally, what is the answer to this riddle?
The question is always the answer, my friend.
She writes about getting old, but says the truth like a child with fun and wisdom of an old soul.
26. From where do you draw inspiration for your blog?
Inspiration is funny – it doesn’t respond to logic. Ideas are a different thing, but inspiration comes on its own but in my case nature, art and beautiful writting help get into that mood.
27. What’s the title of your favorite post and why do you like it best?
It has a mix of science, thought provocation, good vibes and fashion tips. That’s what my blog is all about.
28. If you could have a second home anywhere in the world or universe, where would it be?
Not interested to have a second home, much less in the universe – Hello Jet Lag! I honestly can’t think of anywhere else I would rather be. Besides, taking care of one house is enough for me. This is to say nothing of the environmental costs of maintaining two homes, and doubtless leaving the security lights on and the appliances on stand by while we continue our life elsewhere. If I need to escape elsewhere a few months a year, I would rent an apartment or a house. Somewhere in Italy, England, Portugal, Spain, South of France…
29. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
Playing hockey with my brother and his friends, camping with my dad, going to car racing with him (even though I really don’t care about cars at all), watching ice sculpture with my mom… These were few memories and far between.
30. Who is your favorite fairy tale character?
We’re in a fairy tale, so my favorite character is you!
31. What’s your favorite food?
Any Indian dish, African Marinated chicken with olives, spaghetti with olive oil and chilli and Thaï.
32. If you could be a flower or a tree, what kind would you be?
A daisy… See my post If I was a Flower. It is your question Cathi that has inspired me this blogpost.
33. Where do you go if you want to have a quiet, spiritual moment?
I take daily walks to the cemetery. Doesn’t everybody?
34. If you could live one part of your life over again, what part would it be?
Just let me add 30 years to my life so I can relive September 2018 over and over again! If you want to know why read the posts of my WP friends. Their posts are linked in my answer to question 17.
35. Who is your favorite artist?
Girl, there are hundreds of artists that I love. Are you talking dead or alive? Writers, painters, musicians, poets, illustrators, designers, architects, photographers, dancers, filmmakers, stage directors, comedians, gardeners… Yes, I considered them all as artists.
36. What’s an adventure in your life you’d still like to have?
I would love to take 6 months off work and travel the world… with a friend. Anyone?
His blog is like a perfect LBD: a Luminous creative field, Beautifully written posts and Dazzling energy magnet!
37. Name a place you want to go to but never have been.
38. What is an ideal vacation/holiday for you?
The perfect holiday include activities in nature, moments of relaxation and creativity, tourism and the discovery of locals.
39. What is one thing that you have learnt since starting your blog?
It is possible to develop real friendship by blogging.
40. If you could invite three historical figures for dinner, who would you choose?
So many fabulous people in history it is hard to choose only three. All these fellows would make it on my list: Leonardo da Vinci, Gandhi, Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, Marie Curie, Agatha Christie, Terry Pratchett, Frédéric Chopin, George Sand, David Bowie, Diego Rivera, Steve Jobs, Martin Luther King Jr, Christophe Colomb. Oh, and you’re invited, too. Can you imagine the amazing conversation?
41. If you could wake up tomorrow in someone else’s body and for 24 hours be that person, who would it be and what would you do?
Many possibilities. One of them would be to go back in time and wake up in the body of the attending nurse of Albert Einstein. I would record Einstein’s last words so they would be known. He spoke them in German, but the attending nurse didn’t speak German and so couldn’t recall what was said.
42. If you’d just met someone who interests you, what’s the question you would most like to ask them?
I would ask the person what he or she does on an ideal day off. It would acquaint me with their interest, ambition and what make them tick. I would also try to make the person feel good by showing vulnerability, making them laugh and be an attentive and engaged listener. Maya Angelou said it perfectly: “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
43. You’ve just found a small amount of cash in the street and no way to find it’s rightful owner, what do you decide to buy with it?
Since it is futile to make enquiries as to ownership of the money found, I might invite some friends to dinner.
44. Where were you this time last year?
Same place as I am now, in Montreal with my family.
45. Where would you like to be this time next year?
For me, it is not so much where I am that’s important, but with whom I am.
46. Name someone you admire and what you admire about them.
I do admire a lot of people around me within my family and friend circle. But I have stumbled recently across a video of Adalia Rose and I fell in love with her. She is an 11-year-old with a rare disease called progeria that causes her to age extremely fast. I admire Adalia and her parents’ strength and courage. I love this little girl’s vibrant personality. Watch her video. It’ll be worth your time, I promise you.
47. How long on average do you spend per day reading other people’s blogs?
I spent a minimum of one hour per day reading my WP friends’ blogposts.
He’s a compassionate and funny botanical artist who puts a positive spin on everything, even his own darkest thoughts.
48. Would you ever trust any politician enough to buy a used car from them?
No! (Unless you were the politician)
49. Toast: Jam, Honey, or Marmalade on it?
Just butter for me. But I do like all of the above options once in a while.
50. TV. Cheers or Frazier?
Frazier! It built off of Cheers and was a better show.
51. What is your earliest memory?
Not an happy one so let’s just say that I don’t remember!
52. Are you a cold weather or warm weather person?
Warm… I am inspired by the sound of the waves, the sunlight and the vast expanse of greenery. I admit, however, that comfortably wrapped in a blanket in front of a fireplace with a good book also has its charm.
53. What book are you currently reading?
Lancashire, Where Women Die of Love by Charles Nevin (It’s such a lovely book but It’s taking me forever to read it).
54. Why do you think compassion is seen as weakness by so many people?
Because they are afraid to be compassionate, and they desperately want compassionate people to be weak like them! Misery loves company.
55. Your favourite movie director? And favourite movies of theirs?
To name just one seems so unfair. But Steven Spielberg is definitely among my top 5. – Indiana Jones.
56. If you could have one wish, what would it be?
57. What are your biggest hopes for 2018?
Getting your autograph! Oh wait, I already have it. Can I get another one?
Here are the rules and logos for these two awards
Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog
Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
Nominate 5 to 11 other bloggers and give them: 11 new questions to answer in the case of the Sunshine Blogger Award; 10 questions for the Awesome Blogger Award.
Tag the Awesome Blogger Award under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader
Notify your nominees
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award/Awesome Blogger Award logo in your post
Note: There are no specific nominees. Anyone who read this and wishes to participate consider yourself nominated. There are no new questions either. You can pick any 10 or 11 questions from this post. Just don’t forget to give credit to the blogger from whom questions originate.
Let’s stay connected: Bloglovin – Instagram @3cstyle_fashion