I’m floating! Yep, I am. You know the feeling when your life is perfect and everything is going exactly the way you planned it. Well, it’s not my case. But still, I’m floating. Perhaps, I have a floating voltage due to the positive energy coming from my followers which, of course, makes me very happy. So even if my life is far from perfect, I’m thankful to those little things that happen each and every day.
For example, I had the privilege to be nominated for two awards in the past weeks by Tashnee V. Mavee. I am truly grateful to her. And as good news often brings another, I was recently nominated by another lovely blogger, Niken S. Martini from Lifestyle Guidance References. She made my day.
Tashnee V. Mavee
kindly nominated me for the Liebster Award and the Versatile Blogger Award. Niken nominated me for the Unique Blogger Award. I am honored and really appreciate this recognition of my work from both bloggers. Tashnee is a professional dancer and a fashion & life experiences blogger. She’s not afraid to wear colorful clothing and she bravely talks about her childhood that hasn’t been easy, to say the least. Nevertheless, she kept a positive attitude and her resilience made her the strong woman she is today. I do recommend you to visit her blog: Tashnee V. Mavee
. It is full of good vibes.
is another inspiring woman. She lives in Jakarta, Indonesia. Her blog is about travel, beauty and lifestyle. She loves trying new things such as makeup products & traveling apps and shares her review on her blog. She describes herself as a sensitive person (she cries sometimes while watching action films LOL) and a newbie regarding her blogging experience. Don’t be mistaken, the quality of her posts says otherwise. Take a look at her work and see for yourself: Lifestyle Guidance References
Rules of each awards
1. Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award logo;
2. Give 11 random facts about yourself;
3. Nominate 11 blogs;
4. Notify them of their nomination;
5. Give them 11 questions to answer;
6. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
1. Thank the person(s) who gave you the nomination and share their link;
2. Nominate up to 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs;
3. Notify them of their nomination;
4. Reveal 7 facts about yourself that your readers may not know.
1. Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you;
2. Answer the questions ask by the person who nominated you;
3. In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8 to 13 people for the same award;
4. Give them 3 questions to answer.
11 random facts about myself (Liebster Award)
1. Love traveling. Enjoy equally road trip, camping and five stars hotel. (I bet that it surprises some of you);
2. I hardly can sew a button but I love to do DIY (Do It Yourself) so I became sort of an expert with the glue gun;
3. I live with three persons with Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Read: I’m repeating myself all the time. Pretty soon, I might need medication. LOL
4. I like vintage clothing and eco-living but I’m not a hippie granola girl (Note: I have nothing against granolas);
5. When I suggest ways to wear a piece of clothing it’s from my own experience and my love for styling, certainly not because I know best;
6. I’m like a mini wheat: there is two sides of me. Fashion wise, one is minimalism; I prefer to put the accent on details. The other one is sugar coded & artsy. I mix & match patterns and bold colors. In both cases, it has to be elegant and comfortable. I guess that makes me a practical maximalism minimalism!
7. I prefer quality over quantity… In everything;
8. I buy clothing wisely & It has to be socio-eco-friendly;
9. I don’t follow rules easily. I’m known to be a little bit rebel;
10. I get my designer bags from thrifting and Real Estate Sales;
11. I’m a French scientific journalist from Montreal (Quebec).
And 7 more (Versatile Blogger Award)
1. Enjoy science fiction, mystery and vampire movies (was a huge fan of true blood; big one now of the television series Game of Thrones);
2. I eat avocado almost every day and love a good cup of tea;
3. I’m not a big fan of Follow-Unfollow -so common on Instagram;
4. Like scuba diving, skiing, yoga and long walks;
5. I studied fashion for a while but my passion for science and writing were stronger at the time so I changed field;
6. Love trying new recipes and I’m not scared to eat exotic food. I once had crocodile, octopus, dandelion, ostrich, shark, snail, cactus warms, moose, dried insects… Name it, I probably have tried it or will (no cat, dog, monkey or endangered species though).
7. One reason I became a journalist is because I was pen pal in my youth with Linda Lemay. At the time, obviously, she was not the famous French song writer and singer she is today. It is through my exchanges with her that I gained confidence in my writing skills (In French that is. I still struggle with my English writing).
My Answers to Tashnee’s Questions
1. What comforts you the most when you are sad ? – I either seek my confort in food or in running (I much prefer chocolat cake). I’m rarely sad. Occasionally mad, though. Then, I turn to my husband who always finds a way to make me laugh. Or I speak to my best friend, Manon. She is a very good listener;
2. If you were asked to make one wish, what will it be ? – Slow down time;
3. What disappoints you the most in people ? – Gossips and the lack of respect;
4. Describe me (Tashnee) in one word – Free spirit (Oups, that’s two. Sorry! Told you that I had a problem with rules);
5. Who is your role model ? My mother was my role model. She passed away 11 years ago;
6. Your favourite song – Oh, that’s a hard one; there’s so many. Sure love A thousand kisses deep from Leonard Cohen;
7. What do you think about teenage pregnancy ? – Another difficult one; Teenage pregnancy makes me sad;
8. Do you think abortion is right or wrong ? – For me, it’s not a question of right or wrong. Let’s just say that I’m not against it, specially when it comes to teenage pregnancy or for medical reasons.
9. Who is your favorite actor ? – Right now, I have a crush on Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones);
10. Which advice could you give to yourself ? – Relax, would y’a, It’s only a blog!
11. Note: There was suppose to be another question but Tashnee forgot to write it. So I will share with you one of my favorite quotes from Einstein – “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving”.
My answers to Niken S. Martini’s questions
1. What is your favorite place for holiday ? – Home sweet home;
2. What is the best thing you ever did for your life ? – Got myself into University !
3. What will you do during your “me” time ? – Take a long bath with lavender oil.
And my nominees are
My 11 questions to the nominees (Liebster Award)
1. Have you ever played Rubik’s cube ?
2. Who is your favorite James Bond actor ?
3. Name one goal you want to accomplish this year
4. What made you start blogging ?
5. Got a favorite book or film ? One that you read or seen more than once.
6. What is your biggest fear ?
7. Two things you cannot stay without
8. Most beautiful song ?
9. Tell us a quote or a motto you like
10. If you could have a super power which one would you choose?
11. Name a country that you would like to visit
5. My OBT
(This one I don’t think you have received. You might want to add it to your collection!)
My 3 questions for the nominees (Unique Blogger Award)
1. Life according to you in 3 words
2. Two things you cannot stay without
3. The first book that comes to your mind is…
Once again, thank you very much Tashnee V. Mavee and Niken S. Martini for nominating me and congrats to all my nominees. Hope this award will give you a good tap on the shoulder and bring floating happiness into your life !
Stay strong, stay stylish !